Customer Success Story
Industry: Debt Collections
Hunter Warfield, headquartered in Tampa, Fla., is one of the nation’s premier debt collection agencies, specializing in multi-housing, commercial, funeral care and educational markets. With a strong focus on superior client service and advanced management practices, Hunter Warfield aspires to take collections to a new level. Leveraging innovative technology, they provide comprehensive collection solutions tailored to meet the evolving business needs of each client.
Alex Sherwood, Hunter Warfield’s VP of Technology, was looking for a way to fully leverage the firm’s new Mitel IP-based telephone system. A second location was opened, and the agents there use a private IP backbone at the main facility. With all calls now routing through the Tampa office, Sherwood needed to implement a modern call recording solution for:
- Liability protection
- Ensuring compliance with the industry’s wide array of regulatory obligations
- Providing consistent, ongoing training and performance review and evaluation for all agents, regardless of physical location
The company initially deployed Tracer version 4 and has since migrated to Tracer version 5 and then to Tracer version 6. Features that have proven particularly useful for Hunter Warfield include:
- Tracer Quality Control Module: Enables an evaluator to review a call and rate it by grading an unlimited number of questions/criteria
- Work Queues: Automatically collect and score calls for evaluator review based on specific search folders and call criteria
Tracer’s evaluation and performance scoring capabilities have even been incorporated into the formalized employee performance review process. “In addition to having our normal employee evaluation template, part of that [includes] a certain number of select calls that are placed into the evaluation. We’ve really woven Tracer into the fabric of making sure our employees are progressing,” explained Sherwood.
Tracer’s capabilities as a training tool have proven invaluable for Hunter Warfield. “We wanted to make sure we had a tool available that we could use to gather various calls throughout a week or a month and sit the agent down and say, ‘Here’s what you did right. Here are the areas that need improvement,’ and make that an ongoing process going forward in terms of evaluating agent effectiveness,” Sherwood said.
- Call Recording and Export: In cases where patients have made licensing claims against physicians, the practice has been able to provide additional information from phone calls between the claimant and the practice, resulting in complaint dismissal.
- Search: Powerful search capabilities make it easy to find any call based on an expansive number of different search criteria.
- Quality Control and Monitoring: Reviewing calls for quality spot checks and involving phone-based staff in how to improve their communications has shown benefits in patient relationships and care.
Additional benefits of the Tracer solution for Hunter Warfield include:
- Ease of locating calls: The powerful search functionality delivered with OAISYS patent-pending Portable Voice Document (PVD™) technology makes finding specific calls simple
- Call visualization uses a graphic representation of the call throughout its various stages
- Review and evaluation of calls across multiple divisions, such as call center agents and client services
“There is absolutely no doubt from our executive team here that the investment we have made in the Tracer solution has paid off tenfold,” Sherwood said.
About Tracer Tracer is the industry’s leading digital recording solution for contact centers. Tracer utilizes patent-pending OAISYS
Portable Voice Document (PVD™) technology to capture telephone-based interactions as digital call recordings, or voice
documents, that are available to store, organize, playback, annotate and share with others as needed. This core PVD
functionality is paired with Tracer’s advanced contact center management features, including employee performance
evaluations, the ability to live monitor calls, generate quality and resource utilization reporting and synchronized
desktop video recording capabilities. Tracer is compatible with business communication systems from Avaya, Mitel,
Toshiba, Shortel, and many other standards-based IP and legacy TDM systems.