Customer Success Story
North Scottsdale Family Medicine
Industry: Healthcare Practice
North Scottsdale Family Medicine Associates, an Arizona family medical practice, is focused on building relationships with patients that emphasize mutual respect and trust. Each of the physicians at the practice takes a special interest in the medical needs of the families they serve, getting to know each family member, along with their medical history, to provide the best level of care possible.
Healthcare practices invariably face a raft of communication and documentation challenges and requirements. After visiting the OAISYS booth at an industry conference, the practice’s administrator saw immediately how voice documentation and interaction management could help in terms of:
- Dispute Resolution
- HIPAA Compliance
- Staff Training
- Insurance and Billing Collection
The practice initially delpoyed the Talkument call recording solution, adding the advanced capabilities of Tracer in early 2009. Features that have proven particularly useful for North Scottsdale Family Medicine include:
- Call Recording and Export: In cases where patients have made licensing claims against physicians, the practice has been able to provide additional information from phone calls between the claimant and the practice, resulting in complaint dismissal.
- Search: Powerful search capabilities make it easy to find any call based on an expansive number of different search criteria.
- Quality Control and Monitoring: Reviewing calls for quality spot checks and involving phone-based staff in how to improve their communications has shown benefits in patient relationships and care.
“I can’t be around to listen to everybody’s conversations throughout the day,” said practice administrator Charlene Endre. “Before Talkument, you had two people telling you their side of things and, typically, you needed to look at both sides and try to come up with the third [account] of what happened. With Talkument, I can actually listen to the tone and the information, and I can have that person sit with me and listen to it as well. It is a wonderful educational tool for the staff to hear how they sound on the phone.”
Additional benefits for North Scottsdale Family Medicine have included:
- Improved patient information documentation, such as reviewing calls to confirm information regarding medical histories or current medications
- Text annotations, which enable the adding of additional comments or information that can help speed the review process and highlight specific portions of calls
“I love it. I don’t even want to think of going back in time before Talkument because it is such a wonderful tool for me. It’s amazing,” concluded Endre.
About Tracer Tracer is the industry’s leading digital recording solution for contact centers. Tracer utilizes patent-pending OAISYS
Portable Voice Document (PVD™) technology to capture telephone-based interactions as digital call recordings, or voice
documents, that are available to store, organize, playback, annotate and share with others as needed. This core PVD
functionality is paired with Tracer’s advanced contact center management features, including employee performance
evaluations, the ability to live monitor calls, generate quality and resource utilization reporting and synchronized
desktop video recording capabilities. Tracer is compatible with business communication systems from Avaya, Mitel,
Toshiba, Shortel, and many other standards-based IP and legacy TDM systems.