Customer Success Story
Welch Dental Group
Industry: Family Dentistry
The Welch Dental Group, a general dentistry practice located in Katy, Texas, provides a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for all their patients, offering preventive, cosmetic and restorative dentistry services. Dr. Gary Welch, DDS, owns and oversees the Welch Dental Group, which includes a staff of 35 employees, including four full-time dentists, and more than 18,000 active patients.
With a daily call volume ranging from 800 to more than 1,000, Dr. Welch saw a need to help his staff document and preserve conversations. Two primary areas of concern for Welch Dental were:
- Patient Service
- Dispute Resolution
The practice initially installed a Talkument appliance, upgrading to Tracer in order to better handle their call volume. Features that have proven particularly useful for Welch Dental Group include:
- Search: Powerful search capabilities make it easy to find any call based on a number of different search criteria.
- Quality Control and Monitoring: Reviewing calls for quality spot checks and involving phone based staff in how to improve their communications has shown benefits in patient relationships and care.
“We wanted to know, number one, were our employees being rude? Unfortunately, we’d ask patients who they were speaking to and they’d never be able to say. Number two, we wanted to know what the truth of the matter was. It’s interesting what people will tell you and then, when you go back and listen to the conversation, it’s completely different,” said Dr. Welch.
Additional benefits for Welch Dental Group have included:
- Staff Review and Training: Dr. Welch and his staff can easily look up calls involved in patient service disputes and play them back to get to the truth of the exchange.
- Text Annotation: Adding additional comments or information can help speed the review process and highlight specific portions of calls.
- Collaborative Patient Care: Dr. Welch’s practice can easily and securely share information with other offices to which they make referrals.
“I think a lot of the benefit we see is in making sure you have the right information,” said practice administrator Barbara Ames. “Communication is a huge part of what we do. You may be intently listening to a person on the phone, and you’re trying to jot down the information they’re giving you, but you might miss something. It’s incredibly useful to be able to go back and make sure that you have all the detailed information that you need.”
Tracer is the industry’s leading digital recording solution for contact centers. Tracer utilizes patent-pending OAISYS
Portable Voice Document (PVD™) technology to capture telephone-based interactions as digital call recordings, or voice
documents, that are available to store, organize, playback, annotate and share with others as needed. This core PVD
functionality is paired with Tracer’s advanced contact center management features, including employee performance
evaluations, the ability to live monitor calls, generate quality and resource utilization reporting and synchronized
desktop video recording capabilities. Tracer is compatible with business communication systems from Avaya, Mitel,
Toshiba, Shortel, and many other standards-based IP and legacy TDM systems.